Unoccupied Property Insurance
Watchman is a specialist policy featuring a wide standard of cover (including subsidence-subject to postcode) with more sympathetic policy terms that recognise the difficulties probate lawyers face.
- Easy to set up. Same day cover usually available
- Initial deposit only
- Balance of premium is deferred up to a year
- No cancellation fees
No hidden charges
- More cost-effective
- Wide standard cover
- Easy security and inspection criteria
- NO risk of ‘gaps’ in the cover period and you pay only for the days on cover you need
- Watchman Insurance is provided for up to one year at a time and apart from a small initial deposit, you can usually settle the entire insurance premium when the house is sold or transferred.
The premium is ‘deferred’
Watchman insurance lasts for up to a year at a time but you only pay for the exact number of days cover you need when it is cancelled. A small deposit secures cover for a fixed daily rate that accumulates and is then settled when the property is sold/transferred up to a year later. Based on our own analysis of current Internet offerings, we believe that you will not better our premiums on a like-for-like basis with any other reputable insurance company.
|Cover for malicious damage, frost damage and subsidence/heave||x||Included as Standard|
|Simple security requirements||You will likely need to replace all locks||Hassle free – allowing you to use the pre-existing locks|
|Inspection requirements||Weekly||Every 30 days|
|Hidden charges and cancellation fees||Very likely||None|
|Flexible term||x||Up to one year or the number of days’ cover needed|